On Southern Railfan?
- Major update to the photo archive section, 694 images have been added. The archives now contain 3369 images
- Major update to the photo archive section, 342 images have been added. The archives now contain 2675 images
- Caboose - 8
- Diesel - 102
- Freight - 10
- MOW - 14
- Passenger - 29
- Steam - 179
- This is the largest update in 8 years of Southern Railfan
- Large amount of scanned Southern Railway Documents (almost 400Mb)
- Southern Railway Predecessor Rosters - 74 companies
- Mileage Operating Divisions 1906
- 1912 List of Stations & Sidings
- 1921 System Map
- Passenger Station Floor plans
- Freight Train Schedules Between Principal Points Feb. 1928
- Freight Train Schedules and Blocking Instructions Feb. 1979
- Freight Car Assignments October 1979
- Steam Locomotive Diagrams 1914
- Employee Time Tables - 43 of them, 1925 - 1973
- ICC Valuation Reports June 30, 1918
- Items Required on Steam Locomotives August 15, 1938
- Federal Diesel Inspection Records Greenville Dec. 4, 1950
- Rental of Locomotives 1925
- Weight Limits of Engines and Cars and Maximum Clearances Jan. 1, 1920
- Piedmont District Load Limits Jan. 1, 1928
- Textile Directory - 1924
- Weight Limits Of Engines and Maximum Clearances - October, 1920
- List Of Freight Passenger & Work Equipment - November, 1951
- List Of Drawings Of Boilers & General Elevations
- Assignment of Engines Charlotte Div South End - 1942
- Passenger and Business Car Diagrams
- Derrick Diagrams April, 1921
- List and Description of Locomotives 1910
- List and Description of Locomotives 1926
- List and Description of Locomotives 1929
- List and Description of Locomotives 1943
- Southern Railway Narrow Gauge Locomotives
- Valve Gear Applied By Locomotive Number
- Track Profiles and Rail Data
- Augusta, GA Industrial District
- Columbia, SC Industrial District
- Passenger Equipment Diagrams
- 330 images have been added. The archives now contain 2333 images
- Caboose - 10
- Diesel - 112
- Freight - 122
- MOW - 32
- Passenger - 4
- Steam - 59
- Major update to the photo archive section, 457 images have been added. The archives now contain 1994 images
- Caboose - 7
- Diesel - 156
- Freight - 151
- MOW - 23
- Passenger - 3
- Steam - 117
- Two issues of Southern News (March 1922 and March 1923). Southern News was the employee magazine before Ties
- Added 81 issues of Ties - from 1948 to 1982 - Need only 29 more to complete all issues
- Added 153 issues of Ties - from 1948 to 1982 - more to come
- Major update to the photo archive section, 191 images have been added. The archives now contain 1011 images
- Included are 143 steam, 14 diesel, 32 freight, 8 caboose, and 4 mow.
- Southern has the right freight car for you - 46 pages
- 66 pages of steam locomotive diagrams
- 48 issues of Ties - from 1961 to 1982 - more to come
- Major update to the photo archive section, now 820 images
- Added three new Southern products
- Added three Southern related articles
- Updated the links page, removed dead links
- Updated the products page
- Updated the articles page
- Added 3 more articles to the Prototype pages
- One of the articles is a 16 page brochure on "The Southern Crescent - A
History of Good Service"
- Checked all of the pictues in the archives
- Added two more pictures to the archives
- New Color Scheme - black and gold, and frame based layout
- Added a section on Prototype articles (10) and pictures take from NS World
and Ties that are in my collection
- Added copyright information to some of the pictures that are in the
- Added for pictues to the archives
- Uploaded 146 photos of Southern diesels archived from A.B.P.R, and various
- Started moving files to Railfan.net from the Track Gang
- Placed drawings and a link to the Cadrail file of SRR 992550 Scale Test
Car on the Projects page.
- Fixed a bad link to a Cadrail file on the projects page
- Fixed multiple errors in the Southern Railway Family Tree of mergers and
- Fixed an error in the 1982 Locomotive Roster
- Updated the projects page, to include two new projects
- Added one new "old" Southern Railway reference books.
- Added equipment owned by The Old Dominion Railroad Museum, in Richmond,
VA, and a private car in Houston to the preserved equipment pages. Still
missing some equipment at Spencer, and Savannah.
- Added two new "old" Southern Railway reference books.
- Updated the Southern RY links page added two new links.
- Updated the Southern RY links page.
- The beginnings of a Southern MoW equipment roster.
- Raised up the links for the Modeling information up to the main page.
- Removed two dead links from the links page.
- New set of pages that list Southern equipment preserved in museums. Still
missing some equipment at Spencer, and Savannah.
- Raised some of the links up one level from the Southern History page.
- Updated the links page.
- MoW equipment is now listed by equipment type also.
- Included as part of this update, is a family tree of the Southern Railway,
and other Southern related information. The area for the Southern modeler has
also been updated, with the latest magazine articles, HO scale products, and